Boreen Point Campground
Nature Lovers Alert! Camping in natural bushland on the shore of Lake Cootharaba, the largest lake on the Noosa River. Lake Cootharaba has been a popular spot for camping, fishing and sailing for more than 70 years. Keep the tradition alive and set up camp in one of the most pristine and untouched natural areas on the Sunshine Coast.
The lake has a long sandy foreshore for the length of the campground. Boats and watercraft may be left on the beach during your stay. An ideal base for nature based outdoor recreation activities including bushwalking, mountain biking, bird watching.
Families with young children enjoy the BMX track, skateboard park, basketball area and tennis courts. The historical Apollonian Hotel and Lake Cootharaba Sailing Club are nearby.
Access to the Park is suitable for convention vehicles and roads are sealed to the entrance.
Facilities at the park include:
- 8 powered sites suitable for small caravans
- several camping areas in natural bushland suitable for tents and camper-trailers
- gas barbecues and drinking water
- hot showers and flushing toilets
- Dog Friendly, ON APPLICATION ONLY - Application form can be found at the end of this page. Download the pdf and complete the information and return to us for approval PRIOR to making a reservation.
Things to do near the park include:
- canoe the lake and upper Noosa River
- explore the Great Sandy National Park
- cycle or hike the Noosa Trail Network
- climb Mount Cooroora and Tinbeerwah
- take a scenic drive to Pomona, Cooran and Kin Kin
- follow the Noosa Bird Trail
- visit the Noosa Botanical Gardens at Lake McDonald
- Visit Eumundi Markets (Wednesday, Saturday) and Noosa Farmers Markets (Sunday)
Click to download:
- Boreen Point Campground sitemap and park rules (PDF, 109KB)
- Boreen Point Campground - Application Form for dogs (PDF, 96KB)